Legal internship: conveyancing
Miller Evans & Co is a small, established law firm based in London’s Docklands, serving the local community, as well as clients throughout the UK & overseas. We are forward-thinking, heavily reliant on technology, and, as CQS-accredited solicitors, committed to providing the highest quality legal service to all clients.
This is a two to three month placement within our conveyancing department – where you will learn basic skills and assist predominantly in conveyancing. The role is unpaid but we will pay you expenses of £300 per month.
We specialise in non contentious work mainly residential and commercial conveyancing, employment, licensing, commercial work, wills, probate and trusts.
• Providing support to fee earners including research and summarising search results for reports to clients
• Undertaking searches – both pre and post exchange of contracts
• Post completion formalities
• Filing, scanning and photocopying documents
• Entering data onto our case management system
• Collating client information
• Inbound and outbound phone calls
• General administration duties
The successful candidate will have:
• 2:1 degree or
2:1 in a non-law degree with LCP (passed first time round)
We will consider a 2:2 if there were extenuating circumstances and the LPC passed first time round with a distinction.
• fluent spoken and written English
• excellent telephone manners
• exceptional written and oral communication skills
• excellent keyboard and strong IT skills and a flair for picking up new software
• attention to detail and be able to follow specific instructions
• ability to work as part of a team
• good time-management and multi-tasking skills
• a flexible approach
• an understanding of and commitment to client confidentiality
• a personal responsibility and attitude towards health and safety.
This is a great opportunity for someone to learn about the day-to-day workings in a legal environment. We try and play to our intern’s strengths. If you appear able, we try you with drafting and amending documents, including commercial conveyancing and company commercial. If you show aptitude we move you to more advanced work.
We are seeking excellence – and it is worth noting that five of our current staff started off as interns. We are offering a friendly positive workplace and an excellent weighty work experience.
Please send your cv with covering email or letter to be considered for a June 2017 start.
Miller Evans & Co is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age and political opinions.
Miller Evans & Co is the trading name of Miller Evans LLP – a limited liability partnership registered in England & Wales, No. OC386467, authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.